Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Dallas, Texas, United States
- Job category: Nurse Practitioner
- Post date:17 Dec 2018
- Share job:
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is currently seeking an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner for our GI and Digestive Health Department
The address is: 8200 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX 75231 (https://www.bing.com/local?lid=YN873x8705739592457137778&id=YN873x8705739592457137778&q=Texas+Health+Presbyterian+Hospital+Dallas&name=Texas+Health+Presbyterian+Hospital+Dallas&cp=32.8794059753418~-96.76318359375&ppois=32.8794059753418_-96.76318359375_Texas+Health+Presbyterian+Hospital+Dallas&FORM=SNAPST)
Salary Range: Min. $48.38/hr – Max. $68.38/hr – based on relevant work experience.
Work Schedule: Full Time. 40 hours per week. M-F
Assessment/ Plan of Care/ Technical Skill:
• Rounds on Patients and utilizes principles and skills in communication and interviewing techniques in obtaining a comprehensive health history to formulate a plan of care and make decisions for appropriate therapeutic interventions
• Uses principles and skills in advanced health assessment for differentiating normal and abnormal findings
• Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to improve care processes in order to promote continuity of care
• Initiates actions to meet patients/families’ needs
• Takes actions to reduce patients risks
• Performs specialty specific technical procedures safely and proficiently
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- Master’s Degree Graduate of a Nurse Practitioner program required
- 2 Years experience as a Nurse Practitioner in GI strongly preferred
- RN – Registered Nurse Upon Hire required
- APRN – Advanced Practice Nurse Upon Hire required
- ACNP – Acute Care Nurse Practitioner based on area of practice upon hire required
- NP – Nurse Practitioner Upon Hire required
- BCLS upon hire required and ACLS required within 30 days of hire
- CPI – Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 30 days of hire
- ACNP – Acute Care Nurse Practitioner based on area of practice required upon hire
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
- Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
Why Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
- 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
- 2018 Becker’s Healthcare “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” (4th year in a row)
- 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9hp53dft4sff873z
How to Apply
Apply for this Job
- No Tags