Cardiothoracic Surgical PA
- Delray Beach, Florida, United States
- Job category: Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Post date:13 Feb 2017
- Job expires in: 18 days
- Share job:
Passionate, driven people dedicated to making a difference in healthcare.
SpecialtyCare is a leading provider of clinical services to hospitals. We partner with hospitals to drive, sustain, and accelerate high performance. We offer a portfolio of solutions that include neuromonitoring, perfusion, surgical assist, autotransfusion, minimally invasive surgical support, and sterile processing. SpecialtyCare’s clinicians focus their efforts to improve operational efficiencies, improve outcomes, and maintain exceptional levels of satisfaction. We compete on results.
Join SpecialtyCare’s Surgical Assistant Team!
We are seeking an experienced Cardiac Surgery Physician Assistant for one of our cardiac surgery program located in Delray Beach, Florida. This is a dynamic program with two surgeons, two full-time/2 per diem PAs performing over 450 cardiac operations annually, including TAVR, Mitral Clipping, TEVAR, Conversion heart, and endovascular procedures.
Great opportunity to do what you love, with excellent compensation, better work/life balance. Plus you have the opportunity to live in beautiful, sunny, South Florida.
As a Surgical Assistant you will provide patient care in support of the surgeon by assisting during cardiothoracic, thoracic and vascular surgical cases. This is not a full practice scope opportunity (No rounding, patient consultation, patient management, and no clinic). Responsibilities include surgical first-assisting, endovascular vein harvest (EVH), and radial artery harvest preferred. Shared schedule include 1:3 surgical weeknight call, 1: 4 weekends, no in-house call, and no primary on-call responsibilities.
- Requires certification as a Physician Assistant (PA-C) or Nurse Practitioner (NP).
- Ideal candidate will have five years of surgery experience as a First Assistant; endoscopic vein harvesting (EVH) experience preferred.
- Must be licensed in Florida or able to obtain a license.
- CPR/ACLS certification.
- Must meet the credentialing and licensure requirements for the assigned location(s) and have documented verification of credentials.
- This is not an entry-level position
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive experience-based salary plus on-call pay
- Medical dental, and optical plans for the family
- Malpractice coverage
- Employer matching 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off (PTO) accrued annual days
- Employee life and disability insurance
- Professional development reimbursement
- Membership dues and fees reimbursement
SpecialtyCare is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Employment with SpecialtyCare is at-will