Certified Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
- Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
- Job category: Psychiatric
- Post date:29 Aug 2018
- Job expires in: 6 days
- Share job:
Omni Health Services is looking for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner for its Allentown, PA Office.
Summary:The Nurse Practitioner provides psychiatric services for clients including psychiatric evaluations, evaluating, prescribing and monitoring of medication, medication counseling and crisis assessments
- Knowledge:Knowledgeable of normal child, adolescent and adult development and impact of abuse, neglect, exploitation and trauma. Current knowledge of medicine and psychiatry applicable to mental health services and medication management. Knowledge of Wellness and Recovery, Illness Management and Recovery, Motivational interviewing and educational Strategies.
- Observation and analysis: Possesses acute observation skills and analysis that support in-depth, accurate assessment and treatment implications.
- Emotional Intelligence:Ability to understand own emotions and behavior and manage them to prevent misuse of power, transference and other risks in the therapeutic relationship.
- Crisis management: Provides professional leadership to manage and resolve escalating/crisis situations.
- Documentation: Thorough, legible documentation skills; computer skills as appropriate.
KEY DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Completes psychiatric evaluations on new clients within 14 days of admission and as necessary.
- Reviews and signs/co-signs the Health History Questionnaire, Biopsychosocial Assessment and Treatment Plan, within the timeframes set by state regulation.
- Recommends course of treatment, including medical tests and/or referrals for additional assessments or for other treatment facilities based upon results of evaluation.
- Demonstrates competent application of Wellness and Recovery, Illness Managementand Recovery, Motivational Interviewing, Education Strategiesto provide clinical leadership.
- Assesses need for medication, obtains informed consent, provides client/family education.
- Reviews medical tests, including BMI and Metabolic Syndrome monitoring protocol, EKG, or other laboratory tests to evaluate for appropriateness or therapeutic levels.
- Collaborates with medical professionals, as the Primary Care Physician or other medical or drug and alcohol service provider, as appropriate, regarding medical condition(s), medical/drug history and concurrent treatment.
- Collaborates with the professional team for a client through use of the Staff/MD Communication Form or other means that is documented in the Client Record.
- Documents detailed progress notes for each session, missed visit, cancelled visit or medication called in to pharmacy. Completes medication pre-certifications as necessary.
- Participates in performance improvement /compliance-ethics activities as: peer review, psychiatrist/medication policy review and update and/or root cause analysis of critical incidents.
- Attentive to safety issues in care and the environment. Addresses and reports all at-risk behavior or potential abuse/neglect/exploitation situations to the Program Director immediately. Completes Incident reports as necessary.
- Submits complete and accurate documents in a timely manner (Encounter forms, assessments, progress notes, contact notes) along with timesheet to the Program Director.
- Provides clinical consultation to the Program Director and staff on an as needed basis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to OMNI policies as procedures as well as compliance-ethics responsibilities. Implements OMNI policy on clinical and operations that relate to psychiatric services, medication management, documentation of care and cultural competence.
- Maintains regular attendance and is punctual.
- Maintains current licensure,liability insurance, clearances and other requirements as requested.
- Board Certified or Eligible in Nurse Practitioner
- Current licensure in Pennsylvania
- Current child abuse, PA criminal and FBI clearances.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Liability insurance of $1,000,000/$3,000,000
- Bilingual abilities to population served preferred.
- Office work; hours may include evenings or weekends.
- Environment can have emergency situations involving 911 calls, police or mobile crisis mental health intervention.
- Independent physical mobility, moderate level of physical activity (sitting, walking, standing), with or without mechanical assistance.
- Ability to observe client during interactions.
- Ability to hear normal conversations in person or by phone with or without mechanical assistance.
- Ability to communicate without assistance from another person (use of assistive communication devises permissible).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Non-discrimination in Services: OMNI One Staffing Solutions, Inc. hiring and advancement practices, in accordance with Federal and State Law, prohibit discrimination based upon Age, Race, Creed, Color, National Origin/Ancestry, Sexual Orientation, Sex, or Handicap.
How to ApplyPlease apply via the "apply" button or e-mail resumes directly to email@example.com
Apply for this Job
- No Tags