Clinical Trials Research Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Bethesda, Maryland, United States
- Job category: Other
- Post date:3 Jan 2018
- Job expires in: 12 days
- Share job:
Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities. We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
MSC is searching for an experienced Clinical Trials Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant to provide Clinical Trials support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a permanent, full-time position with MSC and is on-campus at the NIH in Bethesda, MD.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage clinical protocols by assembling and training the study team; overseeing compliance to protocol; developing and adhering to relevant SOPs; managing the quality control, completion and submission of study related documentation; preparing, submitting and maintaining IRB, FDA, and/or other regulatory documents and research correspondence.
- Monitor study enrollment goals and initiate strategies to promote enrollment and participant compliance. Coordinate and perform responsibilities related to research participants including determining subject population availability, developing informed consents and screening materials, screening and recruiting subjects, scheduling visits, obtaining informed consent and overseeing study visits.
- Assess acute and non-acute clinical and research related problems and toxicities.
- Provide a wide range of nursing assistant duties as well as being responsible for basic clerical and office automation duties.
- Measure and record basic physiological data such as temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure.
- Upon patient’s admission, take vital signs, orient patients with the clinic, and assist them with discharge procedures.
- Collect, measure, weigh, and ensure safe handling and delivery of various specimens in accordance with prescribed protocols.
- Assist with laboratory processing of various research specimens (such as blood, saliva, vaginal secretions)
- Receive patient care phone calls, furnish the requested information, or refer callers to the appropriate staff members.
- Compile, edit, type weekly projected census admission lists and extract required patient statistics from the relevant databases.
- Assist in medical documentation.
- Abstract medical information from medical history, medications and preexisting conditions for new participants.
- Obtain medical records from primary care physicians, and review medical records for enrollment eligibility. Review and prepare participant charts and record lab results for all new enrollments.
- Organize research information for clinical projects and develop advertising plan for open studies. And screen and review consents with volunteers and review follow up forms with volunteers.
- Develop study budgets, and track budget expenses and billing for relevant services.
- Prepare for and coordinate site visits made by sponsors or study monitors during the course of and at the close of the study.
- Contribute to developing educational materials and educate the community and other research professionals regarding studies and related research issues.
- Develop and maintain study subject databases; supervise data collection and management including the collection of source documents, using and developing CRFs, and ensuring that they are complete and accurate.
- Manage close-out of clinical protocols including audit preparation, trial closure, and communication with regulatory agencies, assisting in the final study report and completing financial obligations.
- Perform history and physical exams as necessitated by the protocol.
- Vaccine administration as necessitated by the protocol.
- Master’s Degree in addition to current Licensure and/or Certification to practice as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in the state of Maryland.
- NIH clinical trials experience preferred.
- Skilled in successful patient recruitment and compliance for various clinical studies and trials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Research/clinical background a must.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.