This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
- Portsmouth, Virginia, United States
- Job category: Nurse Practitioner
- Post date:14 Nov 2018
- Share job:
- Provide comprehensive medical assessment, examination, consultation, diagnosis, and treatment plan for neonates, under the direction of a staff Pediatrician.
- Provide medical management of neonates in the Nursery and Level II Nursery and other areas to include neonatal resuscitation, conventional ventilation, stabilize and maintain Level III care prior to transport, prescription of medications (including controlled substances), to treat neonatal medical disorders, under direction of a staff Pediatrician.
- Request and interpret laboratory tests, electrocardiograms, and radiographic procedures, and other tests as needed under the direction of staff Pediatricians.
- Perform procedures including sedation, endotracheal intubation, routine phlebotomy, arterial phlebotomy, percutaneous central venous line placement, umbilical line placement, lumbar puncture, suprapubic bladder taps, bladder catheterization, needle thoracentesis, chest tube placement, circumcision as deemed appropriate under the Government supervision of the staff Pediatrician.
- Attend routine and high-risk deliveries as a member of the Resuscitation Team and perform Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Provide medical care to neonates awaiting transport to other facilities and from other higher level of care neonatal intensive care units (NICUs), under direction of a staff Pediatrician.
- Provide outpatient care for routine well baby appointments and NICU follow-up appointments.
- A Master’s, Post-Master’s or Doctorate degree from an advanced practice nursing program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- A current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in one (1) of the fifty (50) states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- And maintain current certification (in the specialty corresponding to the specialty required by the task order) as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or National Certification Corporation (NCC), as applicable.
- And maintain Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification.
- Have successfully completed at least twelve (12) contact hours of continuing NNP education within the preceding twenty-four (24) months which maintains skills and knowledge as a NNP.
- A minimum of one (1) year of full-time experience as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner within the preceding two (2) years.
- A minimum of one (1) year broad experience as a Nurse Practitioner in Level 3 NICUs and experience in both the newborn nursery and delivery room setting within the last two (2) years.
How to ApplyPlease send resumes to: email@example.com
Apply for this Job
- No Tags