- Durham, North Carolina, United States
- Job category: Internal Medicine
- Post date:6 Mar 2019
- Job expires in: 41 days
- Share job:
Duke School of Nursing is partnered with Triangle Residential Options for Substance Abusers in search of a part time clinician to provide episodic and chronic care to residents of TROSA, a residential substance abuse program in Durham. Qualified candidates should be registered as a Nurse Practitioner in North Carolina with approval to practice from the North Carolina Medical Board.
A minimum of 2 years of experience is required, preferably in internal medicine. You will provide primary and episodic care to residents in accordance with licensure and training, and in accordance with the standing orders or procedures of the facility.
- Coordinates referrals for advanced testing and specialty care utilizing financially supportive community and county services.
- Assesses and monitors residents following surgery.
- Performs blood draws and Point of Care testing.
- Monitors and coordinates care by outside providers.
- Administers vaccinations, injected medications and tuberculosis testing as needed.
- Provides education and medication training for individual residents as related to the health condition.
- Assists with narcotic medication administration.
- Reviews In-Take Screenings related to pre-existing medical conditions to determine appropriateness for program.
- Medically discharges any residents who are unable to participate in the program due to medical issues, coordinating with key staff members.
- Collaborates with on-site clinical and psychiatric services
This would be 30 hour a week position under Duke’s umbrella of benefits and medical malpractice insurance.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in this partnership please send your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
Apply for this Job
- No Tags