NURSE PRACTITIONER – HOUSE CALLS
- Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, United States
- Job category: Adult Medicine
- Post date:11 Jul 2018
- Share job:
Primary HomeCare, is a Nurse Practitioner owned and operated medical practice and the largest provider of medical house call services in Pennsylvania. We are seeking compassionate, qualified and knowledgeable Nurse Practitioners to work full-time in Philadelphia and the Greater South Eastern Pennsylvania area. In this role, you will provide clinical care to adult patients in their homes – working in collaboration with other nurse practitioners on our team to ensure that your patients receive the treatment their care plans dictate. In this challenging and rewarding role, the Nurse Practitioner will function as a Primary Care Provider for patients and their families.
Nurse Practitioner – Job Responsibilities
As a Nurse Practitioner, you will provide direct and indirect patient care. You will use your advanced physical examination, diagnosis, and treatment skills to provide the unique healthcare service and management necessary for each patient.
Additional responsibilities for the Nurse Practitioner include:
- Prescribing and implementing interventions identified in the interdisciplinary plan of care
- Ensuring program compliance with local, state, and federal government regulations
- Reviewing and interpreting diagnostic reports, consults, discharge summaries, etc.
- Performing invasive procedures subject to practice policies and procedures
- Providing education and counseling to patients and families
- Writing medical orders
Hours are Monday through Friday, typically 8:30 – 4:00.
No nights, no weekends, no holidays.
Telephone call only every 4-5 weeks.
Travel Allowance, Health and Dental, Paid Time Off
Nurse Practitioner – Requirements
As a Nurse Practitioner for Primary HomeCare, you must have effective time management skills and a clean driving record.
Additional requirements of the Nurse Practitioner include:
- Current licensure as a professional nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Doctorate or Masters degree in Nursing from an accredited Nurse Practitioner training program
- CRNP in Adult Health, Family or Gerontology from a certification body (ANCC, AANP, ONCC, NBCHPN)
- Minimum 45 completed hours of course work in advanced pharmacology w/ an additional 16 hours in continuing education in advanced pharmacology per biennium
- Ability to obtain CRNP prescriptive authority by the State Board of Nursing
- Valid drivers license and current CPR
- Ability to transfer/accommodate 50-100 pounds and stand for extended periods of time
- Prior Home Health Nursing/house call experience, a plus
How to Apply
For more information on Primary HomeCare, please visit our website at
Primary HomeCare, LLC
8118 Old York Rd
Elkins Park, PA 19027