Nurse Practitioner (RNP) – East Valley
- Chandler, Arizona, United States
- Job category: Nurse Practitioner
- Post date:30 Jan 2018
- Job expires in: 7 days
- Share job:
Ironwood Cancer & Research Centers has beautiful state-of-the-art integrated Cancer and Women’s Centers, with locations strategically located throughout the Valley. Each one provides a superior cancer care environment with a full spectrum of cancer related services for patients. Our multi-disciplinary team approach includes surgical oncology, medical oncology, radiation oncology, women’s centers, diagnostic imaging services, social service support, nutritionist, integrative services, and genetic counseling.
Mission Statement: To serve the community by providing quality, comprehensive cancer care which respects the values and needs of each individual.
Overview: Oncology experience or related experience preferred. The RNP will maintain a cohesive working relationship with the collaborating physician and will focus on working in tandem with physician to provide patient care in the office and hospital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with physicians and other health professionals as needed.
- Counseling and educating patients on health behaviors, self-care skills, and treatment options .
- In a collaborate manner with physician treat and monitoring chronic diseases, hematologic conditions and side effects of chemotherapy.
- Obtaining medical histories and conducting physical examinations.
- Ordering, performing, and interpreting diagnostic studies (e.g., lab tests, x-rays, EKGs) with the supervision of the collaborating physician.
- Prescribing medications.
- Prescribing physical therapy and other rehabilitation treatments.
- Providing Survivorship directives for patients.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Desire to work in the oncologic setting.
- Ability to work closely in a team setting.
- Hospital work and call schedule required.
- Inquisitive manner and ability to adapt.
- Must possess the ability to learn quickly and absorb a great deal of information.
- Registered Nurse Practitioner licensed to work in the State of Arizona.
- Experience in the Oncology or related field.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including health/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, PTO, 401K, and more. We offer a caring work environment and are an E.O.E.
Please visit our website at www.ironwoodcrc.com. “Outsmarting Cancer One Patient at a Time.”
How to ApplyPlease fax your CV in confidence with a letter of interest to Elizabeth Mueller @ 480-855-2258.
- No Tags