Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
- Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
- Job category: Orthopedic Surgery
- Post date:19 Apr 2018
- Share job:
Immediate opening for full or part time experienced PA/NP interested in providing excellent orthopedic care. We would consider a new graduate with prior work experience as an athletic trainer, physical therapist or orthopedic surgical tech. The ideal candidate will adapt quickly into a high energy/high volume team, maintain and grow the current patient population alongside an already established surgeon.
We have 2 locations in Virginia Beach, and have grown every year since opening our doors in 2002. We pride ourselves in taking excellent care of our patients. We are looking for a qualified candidate to work in a fast paced and up beat work atmosphere. We also provide physical therapy in both of our offices to ensure outstanding continuity of care.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Hospital rounds and OR time as needed.
- Fracture care to include splinting and casting.
- Complete history and physical pre-op appointments, prescribe medications, and order pre-op testing.
- Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations, evaluation and treatment of orthopedic patients and developing plan of care, review past medical records, and complete electronic health record on each patient.
- Order and interpret laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures.
Benefits: Excellent benefit package to include Health and Dental Insurance, generous retirement packager. CME reimbursement, vacation and more.
Current PA/NP License for the state of VA
Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program