Orthopaedic Physician Assistant
- Los Alamitos, California, United States
- Job category: Orthopedic Surgery
- Post date:8 Nov 2018
- Job expires in: 24 days
- Share job:
Sunny Southern California growing Orthopaedic practice is seeking a full-time Orthopaedic Physician Assistant for a group with an emphasis on general orthopaedic fracture & trauma, sports, total joints, shoulder & elbow and spine.
- Works in collaboration with the orthopedic surgeons in the medical care of patients
- Assist in clinic in seeing patients in collaboration with surgeon and on their own
- The provision of care includes, but is not limited to: obtaining patient history, comprehensive assessment, ordering, conducting, and interpreting diagnostic tests, and prescribing pharmacological agents and treatments and non-pharmacological therapies.
- Monitors the effectiveness of the therapeutic interventions.
- Make appropriate referrals and documents patient care service in manner that is compliant.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Responsible for seeing patients that are: new, follow-up, post-op, there for in-office procedure
- In-office procedures include: splinting or casting of injuries. Injections that include but not limited to shoulder, hip, knee, hand, wrist and elbow.
- Post-op phone call with patients
- Seeing new inpatient consults at the hospital
- Rounding on inpatients
- Discharging patients from the hospital
- First assist in surgical procedures and wound closures
- Full time Monday through Friday
- Assist in treating clinic patients
- First assist with after-hours add-on surgical cases
- Alternate office/ER call and weekend rounding with surgeons
- Minimum of two years orthopedic experience
- Graduate from an ARC-PA accredited physician assistant program
- NCCPA certified
- California State Physician Assistant License, issued by Physician Assistant Board under Medical Board of California
- BLS certification required.
- Must have a Nat’l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date and meet current Medicare requirements for billing.
- Current DEA license to prescribe medications
- Competitive Salary with excellent benefits
How to ApplyApply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
- No Tags