Orthopedic Physician Assistant
- New Rochelle, New York, United States
- Job category: Orthopedic Surgery
- Post date:20 Feb 2018
- Share job:
Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital is a 242-bed, community-based teaching hospital offering primary, acute and emergency care to the residents of southern Westchester. Since its founding in 1892, Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital has provided for the diverse medical needs of the community and region it serves.The Hospital is part of Montefiore Health System, a premier academic medical center and the University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine.Montefiore New Rochelle has a number of leading-edge services and programs that have earned distinction by state and national organizations for achieving and maintaining the highest quality of care within the specialty. Among its distinctions:
- Designation as a Center of Excellence by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- Designation as a New York State Stroke Center.
- Designation as a New York State perinatal hospital with a Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that provides state-of-the-art care for fragile newborns.
- Receipt of American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC) cancer program accreditation.
- Receipt of the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission as a certified Center of Excellence in both hip and knee joint replacement.
We are looking for a FT Orthopedic Physician Assistant. This individual will be assisting the Surgeon and Lead PA with orthopedic cases.
- Will be the First assist in various cases (general, sports, total joint cases and spine).
- Conducts the initial evaluations of orthopedic cases.
- Will be doing joint aspiration, injections and reduction of fractures.
- Will be doing pre-op, post-op and follow up.
- Will prescribe medication for patients being D/C’d.
- Will coordinate care with Physical Therapists and Case Managers.
- Will be doing casting and splinting.
- Emergency room and inpatient consultations.
- Call is every 6th weekend as well as 1 weekly call.
This is a collective bargaining unit position (1199). Parking is free at this location.
Must have a NYS PA license and registration. AAPA and NCCPA certification required. Must have graduated from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Physician Assistant studies. Orthopedic experience is preferred. New graduates are welcome but must have completed an Orthopedic rotation.
How to ApplyPlease apply by emailing your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
- No Tags