Physician Assistant (Orthopaedic Hand Surgeon) – Fredericksburg Virginia
- Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
- Job category: Orthopedic Surgery
- Post date:4 May 2018
- Share job:
A high volume surgical orthopedic hand practice is seeking a full-time Physician Assistant. The practice has three facilities (Fredericksburg, Stafford and Spotsylvania) covering four counties and boasting exceptional Physical Therapy, Durable Medical Equipment and Pain Management departments.
Fredericksburg is located one hour South of Washington D.C. and one hour North of Richmond, Va. off Interstate 95. Fredericksburg provides an easy drive to the ocean and the Blue Ridge Mountains, which offers skiing and offers may historical and recreational sites. The Fredericksburg community provides the benefit of being an excellent community and environment to raise a family along with increasing property values and social amenities. Visit our web site at www.fredortho.com.
Clinical duties may include, but not limited to:
• Sees patients both independently and with supervision.
• Participate in pre and postoperative care of patients.
• Orders appropriate tests, develops patient treatment plan.
• Performs joint injections.
• Performs pre-surgical H&P and ensures surgical clearances are approved and completed.
• Prescribes appropriate medication under the supervision of the physician.
• Collects patient data and documents pertinent notes in hospital and practice EMR.
• Assists with major and minor surgical procedures in the operating room within scope of licensure.
• Participates in on-call activities making rounds on in-patients as directed by the physician.
• Assists in fielding/triaging patient, physician, vendor, staff calls and appointments.
• Participate in medical coverage for area school athletics and events.
• Masters Degree from an accredited college or university.
• Must be eligible for or have a current Virginia license.
• Must be or near achieving NCCPA certification.
• Valid DEA license.
• Previous Orthopaedic experience preferred.
How to ApplyInterested Candidates please send CV to: HR@fredortho.com
Apply for this Job
- No Tags