Physician Assistant (PA) Adult Cardiovascular Surgery
- Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
- Job category: Cardiovascular Surgery
- Post date:1 Dec 2017
- Share job:
The Department of Cardiac Surgery, Section of Adult Cardiovascular Surgery, is currently seeking a Physician Assistant to assist cardiac surgeons in the medical care and management of adult heart patients, performing such functions as first assist in operating rooms and participating in a wide range of heart procedures.
The primary work setting for this position is in the operating room for the majority of the time where the individual will have responsibilities that include first/second assisting, conduit harvesting, and evaluation/expansion of minimally invasive equipment/approaches (EVH experience preferred). The ideal candidate should have 2-3 years of cardiac surgery experience with strong interpersonal talents and technically skilled in the operating room. The cardiothoracic surgery Physician Assistant exercises autonomy in medical decision making and provides a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services to adult heart patients. This may include managing patients with complex, acute, critical and chronic health conditions. In addition, the individual collects and assists in the interpretation of reports from diagnostic and laboratory tests, radiographic procedures and clinical studies. The position typically analyzes, compares and evaluates various courses of action and has the authority to make independent decisions on matters of significance, free from immediate direction, within the scope of their responsibilities.
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Satisfactory completion of a Physician Assistant program accredited by Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- Consideration of ACLS and BLS certification current or ability to obtain
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a collaborative team is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Experience in surgery or emergency room/urgent care is desired.
- 2 Years cardiothoracic/cardiovascular surgery experience strongly preferred.
Coverage as part of the team is 7 days per week, 24 hours per day with on-call responsibilities.
100% operating room, 40 hrs work week, calls are to be divided among 10 PAs.