Full-Time Advanced Practice Provider (PA or NP)
Responsible for utilizing advanced knowledge and clinical expertise in the field of medicine and providing guidance to the professional nursing staff and care to patients and their family. Conduct diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, ordering and scheduling necessary studies and professional consultations, collecting and documenting data. The APP is responsible for providing direct patient care services to include prescribing medications and other therapies.
- Provides direct care to patients which demonstrates clinical expertise and advanced knowledge.
- Diagnoses and manages acute and chronic health problems within specialty area of practice.
- Collaborates and consults with other physicians and other health care professionals in area of clinical expertise.
- Develops educational systems and strategies for teaching patients, families and staff on topics related to area of expertise.
- Mentors graduate students in aspects of advanced practice.
- Conducts comprehensive assessments of patients’ health status by taking health histories, reviewing patient records and performing advanced physical examinations in specialty area.
- Provides direct clinical care to patients, acute to chronic and newborn to elderly.
- Performs telemedicine and telephone visits.
- Performs routine clinical procedures independently such as, wart removal, pap smears, IUD removal, etc.
- Fulfills billing and productivity metrics requirements where appropriate and maintains relevant documentation where appropriate.
- Orders and interprets laboratory and diagnostic tests to establish diagnoses and develop a comprehensive treatment plan.
- Orders/prescribes medications, therapies, interventions, and procedures according to clinical privileges.
- Documents in the medical record all care provided and/or procedures performed for which the APP is responsible.
- Collaborates with all members of the multidisciplinary team to develop and direct an individualized and comprehensive treatment plan.
- Consults with other specialties and disciplines as appropriate to meet all health care needs of patients.
- Initiates emergency care as needed.
- Participates in departmental committees/task forces and professional organizations.
- Advocates for patients, families, nursing staff and other members of the healthcare community.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures in clinical area of expertise to establish standards for clinical practice.
- Partners with Prairie Clinic leadership in the identification, evaluation and problem solving of clinical system and process issues.
- Collaborates with Prairie Clinic leadership teams to develop, implement and evaluate strategic plans for quality improvement initiatives, utilizing evidenced based practice guidelines as appropriate.
- Collaborates with peer physicians to lead changes in clinical practice.
- Seeks experiences and formal independent learning activities to maintain and develop clinical and professional skills and knowledge.
- Teaches and counsels patients and families in preventive care, medical conditions, plan of care, anticipated outcomes and the use of prescribed treatments and drugs.
- Develops and participates in programs to meet educational needs of the clinical team related to area of expertise.
- Serves as a role model and preceptor for medical and graduate students.
- Provides formal and informal education to both internal and external groups pertinent to area of expertise.
- Collaborates with academic institutions to provide and promote clinical learning experiences and educational programs.
- Participate in service line specific quality initiates and development of outcome metrics.
Base Salary-$91,300 based on experience
Quarterly RVU bonuses and annual Quality/production bonus
29 hours patient care/week, including 1 evening day until 7:30 and every 3rd Saturday 8am -noon.
We are looking to fill 3 vacancies. One position is a newly created same-day appointments provider.