Full-Time Clinical Development Consultant (APNP or PA)
Milliman IntelliScript is a specialty software-as-a-service (SaaS) unit of Milliman that pioneers industry-advancing risk management insurtech. IntelliScript has led our market since 2001, exceeding annual sales growth of 20 percent in the last several years. We create an entrepreneurial work environment, reward excellence, and offer competitive compensation and benefits. We honor each employee’s one-of-a-kind nature and the wholeness of who they are. Every single person has a voice in our company, and we challenge each other to push the outer limits of our full, diverse potential. We are looking for collaborative people who are ready to be part of our long-term success. Visit our LinkedIn page for a closer look at our company, and learn more about our cultural values here.
As part of Milliman, IntelliScript offers an innovative suite of products which interpret and deliver electronic medical data (such as prescription histories, diagnoses, treatment data, etc.) to help our clients make effective underwriting and risk assessments. Our products leverage a variety of data sources (electronic medical data, prescription histories and other data) within a complex logic system to facilitate medical underwriting decisions for our customers.
Working in collaboration across the practice, and in interacting with our clients, the Clinical Services team occupies a key area of our future growth. This is a unique opportunity for a medical professional (APNP, DNP, PA, etc.) to put diagnostic and clinical acumen to use in a professional services environment. Utilize your medical expertise to support product development for a broad range of insurance products (life, Medicare Supplement, LTC and disability).
Innovation has driven our business since inception: we invest in new ideas and empower our people to create them. Our proven decision support software products (Irix® and Curv®) have adapted to incorporate and interpret electronic health record data and medical claims data along with other data sources. Introducing new, market-tested products is a key part of our business strategy.
- Learn how our clients use mortality and morbidity information within their businesses, and make well-founded recommendations for product enhancements
- Interpret complex prescription and medical profiles and present clinical findings to internal Milliman and insurance carrier underwriting teams
- Build medical condition interpretation into decision support software using clinical informatics skills, such as defining relationships among data elements, manipulating master data tables, and leveraging logic statements within a rules-based algorithm
- Interpret electronic health data into clear and distinct medical conditions using a variety of data sources, such as medical and pharmacy claims data
- Manipulate large data tables in Excel for research and product development purposes
- Represent IntelliScript at client meetings and industry events as a clinical product expert
- Current licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner (APNP), Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP), or Physician Assistant (PA)
- Minimum five years in clinical practice
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data to improve outcomes or answer business questions
- Experience with clinical informatics (e.g. data table structure, storage, relationships, maintenance, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of medical claims and electronic health records (e.g. ICD-10 codes, data management, research, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Focused on results and able to explain clinical findings in a way that answers business problems
- Adept at ascertaining client needs, conducting an analysis, and presenting solutions
- Possess the ability to shift communication styles for clinical, technical, or business audiences
- Have a strong eye toward quality and an acumen for peer review as part of the development process
- Capacity to work with and analyze medical data for extended periods of time
- Constructive, “can do” approach to overcoming obstacles
- Professional when interacting with clients and colleagues
- Able to work independently and thrive on a small team
- Adaptable and willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Seeks out input from others, shares insights and opportunities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willing to travel to client sites, industry conferences, etc. (most often day trips, nationwide, up to 15% travel)
- Background in insurance medicine, life insurance highly preferred
- Experience in a leadership role
- Experience presenting to C-suite decision-makers
- Published thought leadership articles, past speaking engagements, etc.