Full-Time Critical Care ACNP/PA
Great opportunity in the heart of Houston Museum district, to work with a unique critical care team at Long Term Acute Care Hospitals. We are looking for either an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant to join our telemedicine team in a medical ICU, who have minimum two year experience in critical care medicine and can function autonomously. Open position for 12 hour day and night shifts. The candidate is required to be trained in performing invasive non-surgical procedures such as intubation and central line placement. All adult population. Doctors will be onsite and offsite and round in-person as well as via Video Conferencing. Competitive salary and full benefits. Detailed job description is as follows.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES:
To provide acute care to patients within the critical care and acute care departments utilizing advanced assessment, differential diagnosis, outcome identification, care planning and management implementation of interventions, and evaluation of patient progress along the continuum of care. Duties to be performed as outlined in the state and professional scope of practice for the physician assistant and acute care nurse practitioner, and professional guidelines. A wide degree of autonomy is expected. Communication and collaboration skills between and among interprofessional team members, patients, and families/caregivers are required.
MAJOR CLINICAL RESPONSIBIUTIES
- Provides diagnostic and assessment services. Secures a health history from patient and/or family, prescribes and evaluates interventions, and documents findings. Performs a comprehensive physical examination.
- Orders and performs pertinent diagnostic tests based on physical examination findings, age and history.
- Analyzes data collected to identify differential diagnosis based on history physical exam, and clinical findings.
- Formulates plan of care based on treatment needs.
- Manages therapeutic regime as outlined by established protocols and order sets for patients with acute illnesses.
- Core procedures needed for most hospitals include:
- Endotracheal intubation
- insertion of Arterial line
- insertion of Central Venous Catheters
- Chest tube insertion and Management
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs
- Literature, in-service meeting, and workshops
- Participates in department driven practices including rotating weekend and holidays
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Demonstrates excellence in customer service and patient satisfaction
- Works assigned schedule, notifies ICU management team of absence or tardiness
- Practices and adheres to the iDoc Code of conduct, Mission, and value statements.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient employee and follows all iDoc policies practices regarding HIPAA regulations
- Completes all iDoc mandatory education requirement within assigned due dates.
- 2-3-year experience in the critical care setting as an APP
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Current Texas State license
- Current Texas DEA licensure
- Masters in physician assisted science or masters in Acute care nurse practitioner from an accredited program is Required
- ICU APP: 7AM-7PM on weekdays, 9AM-10PM on weekends. 7PM-7AM on nights.
Job Type: Full-time
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Critical & Intensive Care
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating weekends
- Acute care
- Master’s (Preferred)
- Critical Care Nursing: 2 years (Required)
- Texas Medical and DEA license (Required)
- BLS Certification (Required)
- ACLS Certification (Required)
Work Location: In person