Please login/register to apply for this job.
Exceptional Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Wanted!
- Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
- Job category: Behavioral Health
- Post date:10 Nov 2015
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
Salt Lake – Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner for Adult A&D Services – P/T
Are you inspired by making a difference in the lives of the most needy of all populations?
Be a part of this cutting-edge, innovative med team who achieve excellent results through long-acting injection treatment!
At Valley Behavioral Health we are an innovative, dedicated team who are inspired by helping others lead fulfilling lives, one person at a time. We seek individuals who are compassionate, empathetic, team focused, seek excellence, are resilient, possess high integrity, and are fun to be with.
Valley Behavioral Health ‘s Storefront Program is a professional, therapeutic services organization with 20+ team members operating programs that provide a comprehensive menu of treatment and services for adults who are experiencing homelessness, substance use and co-occurring mental health disorders. We have a well trained and caring staff of therapists, psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, case managers, social workers and office staff. We are a Utah based company with operations in Salt Lake City.
Be an integral part of the life line Valley Behavioral Health brings to those who are experiencing life-disrupting disorders. WANTED: Exceptional, driven, enthusiastic, innovative problem solvers dedicated to providing outstanding, life changing service and support to our clients and their families. This part-time, Nurse Practitioner will provide the evidence-based, pharmacological health care in partnership with our exciting and dedicated team of primary therapists who will provide the initial assessments, primary diagnosis and psychotherapy.
In an environment of productivity your performace will not be based on the number of patients you see per hour but on the outcomes you achieve.
Job Location: 550 West 700 South, SLC, UT 84101
Schedule: 20hrs – M-F flexible during operating hours
Pay: Competitive – commensurate with experience…PLUS:
- 5% increase in pay with demonstrated, bilingual English/Spanish fluency
- Sign on bonus
- If moving from another state relocation package available
- Student Loan reimbursement opportunities
Benefits: Yes Valley provides a generous benefits package including health and dental, health savings plans and an Employee Assistance Program. Other important benefits include 401K, life and disability insurance plans, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, sick leave, flexible spending plans and paid holidays.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner from an accredited University/College
- Must hold current APRN license in good standing with the State of Utah
- Certified by Board of Nursing in expanded role of psychiatric clinical specialist or Family Nurse Practitioner
- 2+ years experience working as a psychiatric APRN
- MA licensure for prescribing and registration with DEA
- Experience managing Suboxone preferred
- Excellent computer skills demonstrating competency in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software programs quickly
- Proficiency with various forms of electronic communication including social media
- Positive, winning, “Can-do” attitude
- Effective interviewing and evaluation techniques
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective inter/intra organization relationships
- Work as member of multi-disciplinary team
- No therapy required.
- On-call possible but not regular
- Document with using our electronic medical record.
- Quality, evidence-based care provided to patients
- Perform comprehensive pharmacological assessment, and treatment management of mental health disorders.
- Administration of long-acting injections
- Medication monitoring includes ordering and reviewing lab work at appropriate intervals
- Continue in professional growth and development to remain current on trends, standards, and evidence based practices in psychiatric nursing.
- Comfortable treating psychiatric disorders in involving Adults with Drug and Alcohol disorders
How to ApplyDirect Link: http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?clientId=8a123cf24569112f01456b3c34da42a4&id=8a78844950a23ec00150a671010e7ca3&source=Or, please visit our website:
- Click "Careers" tab
- Under subheading of "Medical Services" click job title: "APRN-Psychiatric Nurse Practioner - P/T Adult Drug and Alcohol"
- Click "Apply for this job" and fill out the application accordinly