Full-Time Gastroenterology PA or ACNP in Bangor, Maine
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is seeking a Physician Assistant or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner to join our busy, hospital-based Gastroenterology team on our campus in Bangor, Maine.
In this position, not only will you care for patients in both the inpatient and outpatient settings, but you will work with a close-knit, supportive team that promotes problem-solving and continuous learning in the field of Gastroenterology. New graduates and experienced candidates both encouraged to apply!
Position & Practice Details:
- Monday-Friday schedule with no call requirements
- Basic understanding of GI procedures preferred
- Collaborative team of 10 physicians and 4 advanced practice providers, as well as experienced nursing and support staff
- Opportunity to build meaningful relationships with patients and colleagues
- Large service area and referral network
- Newly developed Reflux and IBD Centers of Excellence
- Affiliation with Massachusetts General Hospital’s Liver Transplant Center
Why Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Student loan reimbursement program with no maximum
- Relocation and sign-on bonuses
- Exceptional work/life balance with a generous PTO package, flexible work schedule, and family-friendly atmosphere
- Academic and clinical research opportunities
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center is a 411- bed, regional tertiary care and ACS-verified level II trauma center serving a patient population of approximately 500,000 in the northern two-thirds of the state. The hospital is a base for LifeFlight of Maine, a critical care air transportation service flying nearly 900 missions per year. We are a member of Northern Light Health, the most expansive integrated health delivery system in Maine. Northern Light Health offers a broad range of providers and services, including ten hospitals, primary care and specialty physician practices, long-term care, home health and hospice agencies, and emergency ground and air transport.
Bangor, Maine is a vibrant small city with easy access to Maine’s spectacular coast, mountains, and lakes. Schools rank among New England’s best with the flagship campus of the University of Maine located in the neighboring town of Orono. Bangor serves as the regional hub for medicine, the arts, and commerce. Bangor International Airport offers direct and one-stop service to most major destinations.