Full-Time Health Care Provider (Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant)
Health Care Provider (Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant)
Office of Student Support
The University of Baltimore
Contingent II (Contractual) full-time exempt with benefits
Salary: $80,000 – $93,000
Vacancy Number 301123
Open until filled. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position has been filled.
Contingent (C2) contractual position, full-time, exempt, with benefits through May 2022. The term of this position may be extended based upon the ongoing public health crisis.
The University of Baltimore seeks a licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to partner with University leadership to develop and implement campus-wide COVID-19 protocols for students and employees. The University is a non-residential campus serving predominantly adult students. This position will work within the Office of Student Support in a non-clinical setting. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking some flexibility in hours and the ability to telework part of the week.
The Health Care Provider, working with a Case Manager, will have responsibility for COVID-19 testing, case investigation, symptom monitoring, enacting the University of Baltimore Student Directives for Accessing Campus: COVID-19 Protocol, Employee Return to Campus protocols, as well as continued input into the UB COVID-19 Response plan as new information and resources emerge. The position will work closely with the Office of Human Resources as well as the University System of Maryland (USM) and peer institutions.
This is a temporary, contractual, position with benefits through May 2022. (The term of this position may be extended based upon the ongoing public health crisis).
Specific duties include:
- Work in collaboration with UB Leadership and USM to implement the University’s COVID-testing protocol in support of expanding campus access for students and employees.
- Develop and implement a program for sentient testing, data collection and reporting, and guidance for individuals with positive results, including quarantine, return to campus, and campus contract tracing
- Establish partnerships with on and off-campus resources in supporting the needs of students and employees with confirmed cases of COVID-19, with resources, information and referral sources.
- Attend USM Health Director calls on behalf of UB.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with local Department of Health and other USM institutions, as well as the Chesapeake Regional Information System for our Patients (CRISP) as it relates to practices and procedures.
- Participate in UB Planning Committee meetings, sharing important information to inform campus-decisions regarding student and employee safety related to COVID.
- Draft and disseminate campus communication, web content, and other forms of communication.
- Coordinate prevention and education programming for the campus community. Respond to general inquiries regarding COVID-19.
- Provide supervision and guidance to the Student and Employee Health Case Manager, including establishing work priorities, coaching, and performance management.
The employee should be prepared to work a flexible schedule that may include evening and/or weekend hours as required to respond to students and employees and to provide programming.
- Current licensure as a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
- Administrative experience in higher education setting preferred.
- Experience with public health advocacy and education.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Refined technological skills and proficiency with Microsoft office.
- Experience with database management.
- Excellent critical thinking and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills and notetaking abilities.
- Demonstrated ability for problem-solving including planning, establishing priorities, and multi-tasking.
- General knowledge of HIPAA, FERPA and other laws governing confidentiality of health and student records.
The University of Baltimore (“UB” or “University”) does not discriminate on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, age, disability, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected characteristics in its programs, activities or employment practices. UB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Compliant Employer & Title IX Institution.