Full-Time Nurse Practitioner – Medical Oncology
Epic Care is one of the oldest and most prestigious multi-specialty private practice groups in the East Bay Area with various practice locations throughout Alameda and Contra Costa counties. We currently have an opening for a Certified Nurse Practitioner in Castro Valley (starting date negotiable) to work full-time alongside our dedicated team of health care providers in our Medical Oncology service line.
A strong applicant must be computer savvy, able to multitask, work well under pressure, have excellent communication skills and possess a positive can do attitude.
Responsibilities for this position include (but are not limited to):
• Hematology/Medical Oncology: Outpatient consultation and treatment, inpatient consultation, call coverage responsibilities, participation in tumor boards, multi-disciplinary collaboration with other specialists, patient education, and performing related responsibilities as needed.
• Radiation Oncology: Outpatient consultation and treatment, inpatient consultation, call coverage responsibilities, participation in tumor boards, and multi-disciplinary collaboration with other specialists, patient education, and performing related responsibilities as needed.
• Breast Surgery: Outpatient consultation, office-based procedures (i.e. ultrasound, minimally invasive biopsy), patient follow-up, call coverage responsibility, participation in tumor boards, and multi-disciplinary collaboration with other specialists, patient education, and performing related responsibilities as needed.
• Medical Subspecialty and Primary Care (Endocrinology, ID etc): Outpatient consultation, office-based procedures (as applicable), patient follow-up, patient education, and performing related responsibilities as needed. Call is ¬¬¬¬¬_________ (specialty specific)
• Relevant experience in Oncology.
• Candidates should be flexible and friendly with clients and staff. The ability to work independently, proactively and adapt appropriately to changing priorities is a must. Respectful communication when problem solving is essential.
• The flexibility to orient and work at all Epic Care locations
• Active Nurse Practitioner licensure in the State of California
• Active Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California
• Active American Heart Association CPR Certification
• Active NP Furnishing License
• Active and transferable DEA License
• Current National certification in the specialty of hire and provide by first day of work
• Completed a BRN recognized graduate Master’s Degree program as a Nurse Practitioner
When you join Epic Care, you will enjoy the many amenities that the San Francisco Bay Area has to offer. For those who have dreamed of moving to the area and enjoying the cosmopolitan sophistication, outstanding climate and unlimited professional and avocational opportunities, this is an excellent career opportunity combining professional challenges and rewards. The Bay Area is an excellent place to maintain an active independent or family lifestyle. You will also be able to enjoy nearby destinations such as San Francisco, Napa Valley wine country, Lake Tahoe, and Yosemite.
• Medical coverage options through Boon Chapman (Aetna Network) including Health Savings Account options.
• Dental coverage through Principal
• Vision coverage through Superior
• EMPLOYER PAID LIFE & AD&D INSURANCE
• 401K and 401K Matching
• FSA to reimburse yourself for eligible out-of-pocket medical, dependent care and commuter expenses.
• EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP) Life presents complex challenges. If the unexpected happens, you want to know that you and your family have simple solutions to help you cope with the stress and life changes that may result.
• 11 days PTO in the first year of employment plus 9 paid federal holidays, increase to 16 days PTO starting at year two of employment.
• LIFEMART DISCOUNT PROGRAM take advantage of LifeMart, a FREE benefit that offers great discounts on the things you want most—in one convenient location: Computers and Electronics Theme Parks, Vacation Packages, Car Rentals, and Hotels, Gifts and Retail Shopping, Child and Senior Care Products and Services, Movie Tickets and Video Rentals,
• SoFi at WORK STUDENT LOAN PROGRAM
• NO-COST CREDIT UNION SERVICES THROUGH PACIFIC SERVICE CREDIT UNION