Full-Time Orthopedic PA
Physician Assistant – Orthopedics
Fredericksburg Orthopaedics is a high volume orthopedic surgical practice seeking a full time and physician assistant for clinical hours for one of its orthopedic surgeons. The practice has three facilities (Fredericksburg, Stafford and Spotsylvania) covering four counties and boasting exceptional Physical Therapy, Durable Medical Equipment and Pain Management departments.
Fredericksburg is located one hour South of Washington D.C. and one hour North of Richmond, Va. off Interstate 95. Fredericksburg provides an easy drive to the ocean, the Blue Ridge Mountains, skiing, canoeing, kayaking, golf and a wide variety of historical and recreational sites. The Fredericksburg community provides the benefit of being an excellent community and environment to raise a family along with increasing property values and social amenities. Visit our web site at www.fredortho.com.
Clinical \ Hospital duties may include, but not limited to:
- Sees patients both independently and with supervision.
- Participate in pre and postoperative care of patients.
- Orders appropriate tests, develops patient treatment plan.
- Performs joint injections.
- Performs pre-surgical H&P and ensures surgical clearances are approved and completed.
- Prescribes appropriate medication under the supervision of the physician.
- Collects patient data and documents pertinent notes in hospital and practice EMR.
- Assists with major and minor surgical procedures in the operating room within scope of licensure.
- Participates in on-call activities making rounds on in-patients as directed by the physician.
- Assists in fielding/triaging patient, physician, vendor, staff calls and appointments.
- Participate in medical coverage for area school athletics and events.
- Masters Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must be eligible for or have a current Virginia license.
- Must be or near achieving NCCPA certification.
- Valid DEA license.
Previous Orthopedic experience preferred. But, will train new graduates and candidates from other disciplines.
Competitive salary, generous relocation package, and a full spectrum of benefits are being offered.