Part-Time Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
Planned Parenthood of Southern New England has an opening for a clinician
Be part of the diverse Planned Parenthood family. Work with like-minded individuals in an environment built on collaboration, open communication, and mutual respect. We’re looking for a dedicated NP or PA who is eager to make positive contributions to the community and to our mission. Planned Parenthood of Southern New England is one of the region’s largest providers of family planning and reproductive health care services. Since 1923, PPSNE has grown into an organization with 18 health centers in CT and RI delivering care to almost 70,000 patients annually.
PPSNE offers a generous benefits package including malpractice coverage, no on-call hours, extensive orientation and training, professional development, conference reimbursement, generous paid time off and more. The Waterbury center participates in the National Health Service Corps loan repayment program. Our commitment to learning, mission focused atmosphere, cutting edge medical standards and supportive work environment make us a great place to work.
• Work in the health center providing culturally competent reproductive health care services, including but not limited to preventive care, contraceptive care, medication abortion, vaginitis treatment, STD screening/treatment to all genders, pregnancy and HIV testing, education and counseling in accordance with evidence-based practice protocols. Opportunity to provide primary health care services
• Assure complete and accurate medical documentation.
• Participate in clinical research studies
• Act as a medical resource for health center staff.
• Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity and patient satisfaction.
• Must be able to work independently and work as part of a team; partner with center manager
• National certification as a nurse practitioner, nurse midwife or physician assistant
• Valid CT state license
Hours needed are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday with potential to be full time if interested and willing to travel to other health centers on Wednesday or occasional Saturdays.
Primary care training and experience preferred
New graduates will be considered
Spanish language fluency is a plus
PPSNE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, EOE/M/F/H/V/SO. We value diversity!