- Pasadena, Texas, United States
- Job category: Family Practice
- Post date:21 Dec 2018
- Share job:
Immediate Opening for a Physician’s Assistant. You must be licensed to practice medicine in Texas. We are looking for someone who can work on our mobile clinic and also with clinic patients. We need someone who is a team player and who can take direction well. Ability to speak Spanish is helpful but not required. The ideal candidate will be an experienced RN who has worked in ER, ICU and or EMS. You must be able to be independent and work with medical assistants on the mobile clinic. The ideal candidate will have BLS, ACLS, and PALS. Other requirements include:
- Provide episodic and chronic care, screening, and education to our patients.
- Must be able to adjust to changes in schedule as needed.
- Committed to excellence, best practices, and superior customer service with every patient.
- Extend warm, compassionate care to all with a respect for the diversity of all patients.
- Follow the most current evidence-based guidelines of practice in providing quality patient care.
- Provide diagnostic screenings and common vaccinations following Texas Vaccines for Children’s program requirements.
- Participate in ongoing Quality Assurance and make sure measurements required by HRSA are being meet.
- Advocates clinic services to patients.
- Familiarity with electronic medical records and information systems to provide excellent patient care documentation.
- Maintain current state licensure and national certification. Which includes obtaining the necessary CME’s for maintenance of licensure.
- Continuously communicate with the center’s leadership, and participates in chart review with the center’s medical director.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary by the clinic management
Benefits include CME, PTO, Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance, Long term and Short-term disability, Paid Holidays, Medical Savings Plan and a 401K. Clinic hours are Monday 8:30-6:30, Tuesday- Friday 8:30- 5:00, Sat. 8:30-12. Saturdays are occasional. There is no call for this position. Our goal is to have the mobile clinic working Mon, Tue, Thurs., and Friday initially. Occasionally the PA may cover a weekend or the truck may attend a health fair.