Full-Time Physician Assistant
Litchfield Hills Orthopedic Associates, a physician-owned practice, is immediately looking for a part-time experience Physician Assistant to assist our orthopedic surgeons. The position will be primarily in the Torrington office but may include coverage in our Bristol location.
Job description and duties:
- Performing comprehensive and problem-focused history and physical exams, interpret and correlate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
- Removal of suture, splint, cast application, assess patient injuries, management of wounds, and application of wound vacs, small office procedures, acute fracture management.
- Order diagnostic testing, which can include x rays, electrocardiograms, MRI’s, and EMG’s as well as prescribing and administering medication to patients.
- Assisting physicians with procedures and surgeries.
- Evaluate, screen, and consult patients on techniques that they should be doing to recover.
- Create treatment plans for patients that are in the hospital.
The position will include some evening and possible Saturday hours.