Full-Time Respite Advanced Practice Provider – $15,000 sign-on bonus
Position Title: Respite Advanced Practice Provider
Reports to: Medical Director of Respite Centers
****COVID vaccination is required or approved religious/medical exemption.
$15,000 sign-on bonus paid monthly for 9 months after your 90 day is met.
Circle the City sites are eligible to participate in the NHSC Loan Repayment Program. https://nhsc.hrsa.gov/loan-repayment/nhsc-loan-repayment-program
Summary of Position: The Respite Advanced Practice Provider is part of a dynamic team of dedicated professionals who are passionate about providing high quality, integrated care for patients who are experiencing or at risk for homelessness.
The Advanced Practice Provider provides direct patient care in Circle the City’s Respite Centers.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Develops unique ways to deliver health care in a compassionate, expedited, and patient-centered manner.
· Assesses patient health by interviewing patients, performing examinations, obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
· Generates differential diagnoses for acute, chronic and/or undifferentiated illnesses and formulates management plan that address these illnesses
· Identifies opportunities to promote and maintain wellness in patients utilizing screening and prevention guidelines and understands barriers in achieving wellness in people experiencing homelessness and work to address those barriers.
· Utilizes critical thinking and decision making when independently developing treatment plans for patients experiencing homelessness.
· Documents patient care and clinical decision making accurately and efficiently in the agency’s Electronic Medical Record and meets agency requirements regarding timeliness of chart completion and productivity expectations.
· Coordinates patient-centered care of individuals experiencing homelessness using a multidisciplinary team and community resources. Is able to navigate the complex care requirements necessary for effectively caring for those experiencing homelessness.
· Applies evidence-based care principles in treatment of patients experiencing homelessness, integrating patient preferences in care plans.
· Appropriately utilizes healthcare resources in the management of patients experiencing homelessness (specialist referrals, ED referrals, lab utilization and medication management) with a goal of decreased fragmentation of healthcare.
· Maintains positive therapeutic relationships with patients, using language and nonverbal behavior to demonstrate respect and establish rapport.
· Collaborates and effectively seeks consultation with physicians and other care providers as needed in the provision of care and the formulation of treatment plans.
· Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans and care transitions.
· Assesses patient health learning levels to provide medical information and health education in culturally and linguistically appropriate communication techniques.
· Assists patients in identifying barriers to care and social determinants of health and appropriately refers patients to community resources as needed.
· Contributes to the integrated care team’s activities around process improvement, workflow design and training.
· Uses data systems to monitor gaps in care.
· Maintains an exceptional level of customer service; addresses and resolves complaints; serves as an example by providing excellent service to internal and external customers, employees and patients.
· Maintains continuing medical education, licensure, credentialing, and privileging requirements at all times.
· Maintains safe and clean working environments by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. .
· Complies with federal, state, and local legal professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforces adherence to requirements; advises management on needed actions.
· Embraces and promotes a professional working environment based on understanding and respect for diversity and multi-culturalism in all of its forms; demonstrates sensitivity, acknowledges varied beliefs, attitudes, behaviors, and customs, and encourages communication and appreciation of all forms of diversity.
· Maintains patient confidentiality by controlling the environment and information being disclosed to authorized individuals ensuring HIPAA and organizational compliance requirements at all times.
· Position requires extended periods of sitting and standing;
· Position requires regular bending and reaching, including transfer of patients;
· Must be able to lift, carry and push 20 pounds on a regular basis;
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis;
· Able to adapt to rapid, unpredictable work flow;
· Able to focus on work at hand with attention to detail;
· Ability to work with difficult patients and those with mental illness.
Experience and Education:
· Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program.
· Maintain licensure with the State of Arizona to practice as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
· Maintain board certification to practice as a physician assistant or nurse practitioner
· Certified in Basic Life Support
· Minimum of three years’ experience in either Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Emergency Medicine
· Understanding of substance and mental health issues
· Computer proficiency inclusive of ability to use electronic health records
· Excellent communication skills
· Experience in working with underserved populations highly desirable
· Experience in a community health center preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer. All resumes will be reviewed for education and experience. Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.