Spine Physician Assistant
- Brookline, Massachusetts, United States
Busy private spine practice located in Chestnut Hill, MA is seeking a talented full-time physician assistant to provide medical and surgical services in a spine center and leading Boston Hospitals.
Will work under the direct supervision of spine (surgeons).
Responsible for assisting surgeons in the O.R., inpatient consults, discharging of patients and seeing patients post-operatively. Sees patients during scheduled clinical sessions. Obtains complete medical histories, performs exams, orders and interprets tests and imaging studies, formulates diagnoses and treatment plans, manages post-operative wounds and infections, prescribes medication as appropriate, assists with phone-calls, completes patient forms, and assists in providing on call coverage on a pre-determined schedule. Attention to detail is a must.
- Preferably 1-3 years of orthopedic surgical experience in spine.
- Will consider experience in another specialty.
- New graduates will be considered.
- Graduate from an accredited Physician’s Assistant Program, current BLS and ACL certification, MA license, MA DPH controlled substance registration and DEA.