Full-Time Vascular Surgery NP or PA
We’re hiring right now! Vascular & Endovascular Surgery in southeastern Massachusetts and nearby Rhode Island!
Prima CARE’s Center for Vascular Diseases, based in Fall River, has an immediate opening for a Vascular Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
The Vascular Center includes an office-based practice, an in-office endovascular suite and Vein Center, an accredited vascular lab, and hospital coverage. The successful candidate would be involved in several of these activities, depending on training and experience. Our physicians are Fellowship-trained and Board-certified in Vascular Surgery. Surgery and consults are performed at St. Anne’s and Charlton Memorial Hospitals in Fall River, but we also cover satellite offices and hospitals in surrounding communities, including nearby Rhode Island.
The successful candidate will see patients in the office and in the hospitals. He/she will evaluate new office referrals and hospital consults, order appropriate diagnostic studies, prepare patients and their families for angiography and surgical procedures, and care for post-operative patients. He/she will also see follow-up patients, both scheduled and unscheduled.
Interest and experience in the following areas is desirable:
- Wound management, including surgical wounds, minor debridement, and the prudent use of antibiotics. Minor procedures, like venous catheter removal.
- Knowledge and experience with arterial and venous disease, including carotid stenosis and stroke, aortic aneurysms, claudication, ischemic ulcers, varicose veins, and venous ulcers.
- Skill and experience in sclerotherapy is desirable.
- Familiarity or willingness to learn the basics of non-invasive vascular testing.
- Ability to work in a collegial fashion with referring physicians, specialists, hospitals, visiting nurses and skilled nursing facilities. Comfort in working with patients and families.
- Patient education and risk factor modification.
- Ability to evaluate lab tests, prescribe and refill meds, and counsel patients and families regarding procedures.
Prima CARE participates in national quality initiatives and our offices are fully-computerized using eClinicalworks for scheduling, documentation, e-prescribing, and billing. We participate in the Vascular Quality Initiative and value the role of community education, shared decision-making, and continuing education.
The NP or PA will be an employee of Prima CARE and must be licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and in Rhode Island, hold a valid Drug Enforcement Agency certificate, a Massachusetts controlled substances registration, BLS, and ACLS. Compassion, maturity, problem-solving abilities, and excellent communication skills are essential. At least 1-2 years of experience with vascular disease is desirable.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience, training, and skill set. Benefits include health insurance, malpractice coverage, a 401K retirement plan, a CME allowance, and vacation. Fall River is in a lovely part of New England, surrounded by city, waterfront, suburban, or farmland communities. Twenty minutes from Providence, 45 minutes from Boston, and 30 minutes from Cape Cod and Newport, this is an attractive location with a multitude of choices for home and recreation.