Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
- Job category: Gynecology
- Post date:23 Oct 2018
- Share job:
Tia is a full-stack women’s healthcare business that builds products, tools and services to help every woman be her own patient advocate and get meaningfully better healthcare. Our next product is the Tia Clinic — a “one-stop-shop” for female health with gynecology, primary care and wellness under one roof, and one health record.
At Tia we’re reimagining healthcare end-to-end. Tia is the medical home for the modern working woman, and the modern, forward-thinking care provider. It’s healthcare for women, by women. Our mission is to help every woman be her own patient advocate, and allow every care provider use their expertise, wisdom and compassion in the most effective way.
As a mission driven team, we’ve rallied to enable patients & providers experience healthcare with greater satisfaction, less frustration & improved outcomes, which means not just upending operational models, care models and technology, but entirely redefining the emotional journey that each member of the team experiences as we experience this journey together. Read about our Care Principles.
Our products: https://asktia.com/app/
Our tools: http://vaginabenefits.com/
Our services: https://asktia.com/
Our principles: https://www.asktia.com/principles/
Read more here: https://medium.com/thats-what-t-said
About the role:
We’re looking to hire nurse practitioners that understand our mission and who want to enter on the ground floor as we launch our first clinic, opening January 2019 in Flatiron.
As a Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner at Tia you’ll be the backbone of the care delivery system. Although the reconceived well woman exam will be the core of our service line, you’ll be required to deliver the full spectrum of gynecological services at Tia, from birth control consults to IUD insertions to colpos.
NPs are integral to the formation and iteration of our technology development cycles. In addition to your clinical role, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the much needed technology in women’s healthcare. You’ll collaborate with our product & engineering teams to share insights and feedback.
As Tia expects a high degree of operational excellence, skill, intelligence, empathy, ownership, dedication, and passion from it’s Nurse Practitioners, we offer highly competitive compensation, starting at $120,000 per year plus performance-based bonuses. Tia will contribute up to $1,500 annually towards CME, and cover malpractice for licenses used at the Tia Clinic. Tia offers 4 weeks PTO and free health services at the Tia clinic to all Nurse Practitioners.
Values and abilities you’ll bring to Tia:
- You’re motivated to elevate women’s care by bringing a shared-decision making approach to women’s health.
- You believe that each woman knows her body best, though she may need help interpreting what the signs mean. Your mission as a woman’s healthcare provider is to help your patients understand those signs and develop robust, multi-faceted treatment plans to reach health goals. You practice this by being a true partner on a patient’s health journey, never dogmatic, rigid or glued to institutions.
- You are an incredibly good question-asker & prober, this allows you to identify nuances of a patient’s life that could be pertinent to their story. You’re like a detective — but you do this with an elegance that makes the patient feel at ease divulging life secrets.
- You’re facile with technology, interested in the process of developing new technology to support the clinic.
- You’re data driven and consistently incorporate new and evolving research into your day-to-day practice
- You’re a high functioning multi-tasker who has an incredible ability to stay calm and focused under pressure. You excel at seeing a high volume of patients per day, remembering the details of their lives, and always make them feel as though they’re the most important appointment you have that day.
- You are a tolerant and inclusive thinker. You believe in sex-positive, no judgement and radically inclusive healthcare for every person, and espouse these values in your everyday life.
Skills you’ll bring to Tia:
- You’re a Women’s Health trained Nurse Practitioner
- You’re adept at providing all gynecology services in the including: STD screens, UTI & Vaginal infections consults, PID, Pelvic Pain, Vaginal Bleeding, Birth Control counseling, Annual Exams and Pap Smears, Hormone / PMS Counseling
- You’re highly tech savvy
Other “nice to have” skills:
- You have strong skills in performing colposcopies, biopsies and IUD placements.
- As a clinic that seeks to create an environment for all women to feel safe, heard, recognized and avowed in their health, bodies and lives, we are consistently seeking providers with backgrounds that are meaningfully different from those already forming our team. You bring a diverse background, a range of care experiences in different communities or various modalities.
- Formal social work training in the following areas is highly valued: care delivery for battered or abused women, decision making support for low-income women, care delivery for LGBTQ, care delivery for immigrant or migrant or english-as-a-second-language support populations.
- A strong understanding of & interest in oxidative / chronic stress, stress literature, immune-system compromise, inflammatory response systems is a plus.
Other important things
- You are a Board Certified Nurse Practitioner in New York State.
- You’ve never been convicted for an act in violation of any law or ordinance other than traffic offenses
- You’ve never been treated for drug addiction / alcoholism
- You’ve never had a state or professional license to prescribe or dispense narcotics suspended or revoked
- You’re authorized to work in the US
- Tia is an equal opportunity employer