Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
- La Plata, Maryland, United States
- Job category: Pain Management
- Post date:7 Jan 2019
- Job expires in: 13 days
- Share job:
Newbridge Spine & Pain Center is seeking a caring and dedicated mid-level provider to join our pain management practice. This person will work in provide services in our southern Maryland office locations, primarily Waldorf.
The primary goal of the Interventional Pain Management Nurse Practitioner NP or Physician Assistant is to provide a multidisciplinary approach to improve patient quality of life. This person will provid new patient evaluation, follow-up care including medication management, perform interventional procedures, and referring patients to specialists and physical therapy.
- Evaluate, treat and follow-up of patients with chronic and acute pain
- Adhere to Chronic Pain Guidelines for Controlled Substances
- Take histories, performing physical examinations, ordering imaging and other diagnostic tests.
- Implementing a multidisciplinary plan and adjusting as necessary through follow up.
- Documentation with ATHENA EMR.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills required.
Education and Experience Required
- Requires Master of Science in Nursing or Physician Assistant Studies degree from an accredited school
- Requires Certification as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner from the state of Maryland and Virginia.
- 1 – 2 years pain management experience preferred, but will train a new graduate
- Basic life support and first aid required – ACLS preferred
- Maintain certification educational units as required
Newbridge Spine & Pain Center offers a rewarding work environment with opportunities for growth. We offer a competitive salary and benefits. This is a Monday through Friday position with no nights, weekends or holidays. If you share our commitment to providing quality patient care in a supportive team environment we invite you to apply to the Newbridge team where these qualities are valued and rewarded.
Newbridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
How to ApplyClick "Apply" to submit your resume and salary requirements.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags