Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
- Middletown, Connecticut, United States
- Job category: Urology
- Post date:29 Nov 2018
- Job expires in: 18 days
- Share job:
Middlesex Urology is a specialty private urology practice associated with Middlesex Health and services the residents of Middlesex County and surrounding areas. We provide comprehensive urologic care for benign and malignant diseases of the urinary tract, including voiding dysfunction, stone disease, erectile dysfunction, and kidney, bladder and prostate cancer.
A successful Urology Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner will work both independently and with four urologists in an office based practice. Responsibilities include:
- Taking medical histories and performing physical exams
- Performing pre- and post- operative urologic care
- Performing and interpreting urologic tests, such as urodynamics and ultrasound
- Performing office based urologic procedures, such as catheter changes, administration of intravesical and systemic chemotherapy, and percutaneous tibial nerve stimulation
- Hospital consultations and nursing home visits
- Diagnosing, evaluating and managing acute conditions, such as urinary tract infections, urinary retention and hematuria, voiding dysfunction, pelvic floor disorders and erectile dysfunction
- Writing and refilling prescriptions
- Providing health and wellness counseling to patients, such as prevention of stone disease and urinary tract infections.
The position is full-time but would consider a flexible schedule.
Prior urologic experience is desirable, but not necessary. Compensation dependent on experience.
How to ApplyPlease forward your cover letter and CV to Sheryl Mala, Practice Administrator at email@example.com
Apply for this Job
- No Tags